Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fall Decor & Mantle

The house was all spiffed up for the Dining for Women dinner this weekend, so I thought I'd snap some photos and give you a mini tour. It wasn't the ideal time of day, lighting-wise, but around here I've got to grab the photos when I can.  Who knows when a random dog hair tumbleweed might decide to make an appearance?

When you walk in the door you'll see the wreaths I made (two for the double doors).  "Made" is a relative term since all I did was stuff some silk flowers into ready-made vine wreaths I've had around--but hey I did buy and arrange the flowers!
 



You'll come into the foyer and see this little display.
 

 
 
 

The lighting makes the wall look yellow.  It's really a pinky-beige.
 
To the right is the dining room. The walls in here are light blue. and match the living room across the hall.




I had the table set up for a buffet, so that's why there are no chairs.  You'll also notice a project china cabinet reflected in the mirror.  It was too big to take downstairs easily, so I'll be painting it in the dining room!



 
 
 
 
 


To the left is the living room.  Our home is a basic colonial with a hall running down the middle and small rooms that drive me crazy.  I'd rather have a more open layout for entertaining.  
 
The house was built in the 1980's, and doesn't have much architectural detail,  so I try to add some in with old doors and salvage.
 

 
 



 
 
 
 

Through the French doors from the living room is the family room.



 
 
 
 


This is one of my first mantle displays against my newly painted brick.  I'm so happy I painted it!


 


 


From the family room you look into the kitchen.



Nothing too exciting in here, but I did add a touch of fall with a squash and some apples.



 

 


That's it so far for my fall décor.  I'll add some things in the coming weeks. 

This weekend it actually felt like fall, after a week of temps in the 90's.  I love the crispness in the air--sweater weather!

Hope you all have a great week!


Sharing at:

The Dedicated House: Make it Pretty Monday
Elizabeth & Co.: Be Inspired
No Minimalist Here: Open House
Thrifty Décor Chic: Fall Mantle Party
French Country Cottage: Fall Abounds

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! We have very similar styles. I even have the burlap 98 candle holder. I would like to know a little more about the rug in your dining room. Is that a DIY?

    Following along! Stop by and visit me sometime at Junkaholics Unanimous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber, since you're a "no reply" blogger I can't answer you directly, but the rug isn't a DIY. I got it from a local shop, and sometimes it's offered on Décor Steals or sites like that. Thanks so much for stopping by and following!

      Delete
  2. Ah, Deborah. I was waiting and waiting to see your fireplace. It’s all I expected and more. The whole house look lovely, both inside and out. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah