Friday, April 19, 2013

Two More Table Makeovers

Here's some more table talk.  I told you Tuesday that I've been knocking out tables for Lucketts.  Here are two more.

As you can see, I didn't take the time to style these photos -- I'm moving and grooving people!  I'm deep into painting mode, which I have to be if I want to get enough done for the Market.

Here's the before of the first table.



I sanded down the top to reveal the beautiful wood inlay.



Now, I'm not a talented enough furniture refinisher to be able to stain each of the inlays individually, and I didn't want to lose the differentiation of the sections.  So after sanding I just used Howard Restore-A-Finish in walnut on the top. It gave it a bit of color, but not so much that it covered up the inlays.




I painted the base in ASCP Old White and distressed it.




Wax and a pull from Hobby Lobby finished the piece.



I didn't get a before photo of this coffee table, but just imagine your basic 70's wood finish.

I painted the base and part of the top of the table in ASCP Old White.



The two squares on the top were done in ASCP Coco.



For this one I used a stencil that picked up on the square detail, and went well with the neoclassical look of the hardware, which I was keeping.



I used the stencil across the entire top of the table.




I lightly distressed the piece and sealed it with Ce Ce Caldwell's wax.




 
Now it's ready to join the pieces in my living room, aka "The Lucketts holding area!"







One of these days I'll have the house back in order ... but for now it's on to the next piece.  :)




Sharing at:

Miss Mustard Seed: Furniture Feature Friday
French Country Cottage: Feathered Nest Friday
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Elizabeth & Co.: Be Inspired




7 comments:

  1. gorgeous! love love love that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pieces look GREAT! Do you like the CeCe Caldwell wax better than ASCP wax?

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go Deb! I think between the two of us we may have a ton of tables for sale at Lucketts ;) I love the first one with the inlay, it's gorgeous! I don't particularly care for the pull as it hangs too low, maybe a glass knob? Who am I to judge though as its just beautiful! My staging area is in our Living Room as well... It bad!! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I like the look of the pull, but I'll try a glass knob and see what I think.

      Delete
  4. I love the inlay on that top table! Isn't Howards the best product ever?!? I always try a bit before I do any other type of refinishing. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not even pretend there is an end to the line of furniture awaiting their make overs. These two tables are very distinctive. You made them unique by allowing the details to determine your transformation. Good luck with the sales though i don't think you will need it. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems
    with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of
    hard work due to no back up. Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?


    Also visit my site - tusze

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah