Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Repurposing Old Doors

Last month I showed you the old door I found for our family room.



While I am perfectly happy with the unadulterated architectural element it brings to the room, some people have higher aspirations for their doors.



Here are some ideas I saw on Pinterest for repurposing old doors:

Use them to make an arbor.


I love this idea of putting your house numbers on one.






Make a chalk board.







Or how about a clock?







Doors make great potting benches.







Or space dividers -- this one is outside on a patio.







A bookshelf.








A headboard.



And I just love this room.  The doors make a perfect divider and backdrop!





Elegant,





0r rustic --




What's not to love about a great old door?!






3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all these neat ideas...my head is spinning.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hooked on your lovely blog. You picked a marvelous name for it, too. That was a hard thing for me. You have so many lovely and inspiring posts that I am adding you to my front page blog-list, so that I won't miss a single new post. Let me take this opportunity to invite you to follow me back. Have a great day. I love, love, love all this great door ideas:)
    Your new blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deborah, I was so excited when I saw your name on my followers list. You have no idea how much you have inspired me. I never thought about selling my shabby french re-dos on Craig's list . . . but after going through some of your posts, i've decided that it may be an ideal outlet :) Thank you for the inspiration of new ideas and of the inspiration of selling . . . you have truly opened my mind up to new adventures in up-cycling :) Thank you. Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah