Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Repurposing Shutters

I just took a pair of shutters to Mr. P's Emporium's booth, and they got me thinking about all the ways you can use them.





I have a thing for old shutters.  You'll find them throughout my house. I have an old chippy blue one in my dining room. The matching shutter is currently in the booth displaying artwork.



And a pair flank the doorway to our living room.




For inspiration on other ways to use them I turned to -- where else -- Pinterest, and found these great ideas.

Here's one used as a plate rack with hooks.



Here are a couple transformed into tables.





Use them outdoors as a garden fence...



Use them as a headboard ...



Love this idea to display flowers and bottles:



As a shelf and  hat rack by the entry.


 
To display photos.

 
 
 
 
 
 


As a table runner ...
 
Use one to display your creativity...


Another holiday idea.



To add some interest to wall hangings.



Or you can always just prop some against the wall to look pretty!





Hope this gave you some ideas.  So next time you come across some old shutters, grab those babies!


Sharing at:
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Elizabeth & Co.: Be Inspired

3 comments:

  1. I love shutters! You've given me some new ideas for how to use them. Really cute ideas! The only thing I don't like, is dusting them. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just can't go wrong with a good old shutter. I have several around here too:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love all your shutter inspiration i will now be on the look out for shutters thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah