Friday, November 4, 2011

Latest Cheap Finds

Hey there -- Happy Friday! 

I was planning on sharing a furniture make-over with you today, but Tammy at Type A is starting a "Hunter Gatherer" party on her blog, so I'm sharing some recent finds instead. Now I know my last post was on "stuff" shopping, but really, who doesn't love a good deal?! I promise I'll talk about something else next week!

Last weekend after the yard sale where I scored the harvest basket and wood crates I showed you in the last post, I decided to stop by Goodwill to see if I could keep the bargain mojo going. Yard sales and thrift shops in one day -- my idea of a good time!

And my luck continued!  I found this set of milk glass vases. 




I think they'd look great with a bud in each and lined down a dining room table instead of a centerpiece.  The small ones were just 50 cents each, and the larger one was 75 cents. What a deal!



I love these little bud vases. They are hand-blown glass rimmed with what looks like 14k gold. A label on the bottom of one says it was made in Egypt. 



I think they'd look beautiful with a sprig of holly in them for the holidays. They were only $1 each.

Speaking of the holidays, look at this candle holder! 



It's brass detailed with red berries.  I've never seen one like this before.  (It's going on Etsy in Mr. P's Emporium if you're interested!)

I've talked about how versatile cake plates are before.  This glass one is a bit smaller than typical, it would look great with a couple of larger ones on a buffet.



This serving plate isn't vintage, but it's fun! It adds a little savoir faire!


And lastly, these two large hobnail goblets are a beautiful green.  Personally I think they are too big to drink from, but they will make great candle holders for the holidays! 



I think the candlelight bouncing off of all those facets will be lovely.



So that's my haul from last weekend. Who knows what lies ahead for this weekend?!  Thanks for giving me an excuse for sharing Tammy!

6 comments:

  1. thanks so much for the shout out! love the green glass! and the milk glass..okay all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! I believe your brass candleholder is an Advent wreath. And just in time for Advent - it begins November 27 this year. Better get it on etsy fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great finds! Love those green goblets...I think they will be perfect for Christmas time with tealites in them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green goblets! I've never considered milk glass as being "my style" but I really like the trio with fall foilage. Definitely an idea I'll swipe from your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green goblets are my favorite. They scream Christmas to me. I can see from your previous comments that I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your green goblets are just gorgeous! I like your Parisian serving plate, too. Isn't it a great feeling to find something you love at a bargain price?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah