Friday, April 26, 2013

Leaving a Mess Behind

I have furniture piling up in my living room. In my dining room. My garage and my basement.


One side of my living room.


And am I ready for Lucketts yet?  Heck no.

So what am I doing?  Heading out of town.

This trip back home wasn't planned for this month. I was going to go back in June. But I have a sick cousin whom I'm close to whose health is failing fast.  He's in home hospice, and I feel like now is the time to go see him.

So I'm taking off for a week and leaving this mess behind.
 

My latest completed project.


Luckily my husband doesn't mind maneuvering around furniture pieces while I'm gone and we don't use the living room much.



Another shot of the living room.

Will I get everything done?  We'll see. 

In the long run does it matter if I don't have everything done I want to do?  No.

It's times like this that pull you up short and remind you what is truly important. 

I know I won't be living like a hoarder forever.  But I won't get a second chance to say goodbye to someone I love.
 
When I get back I'll jump right back into painting mode. 
 
I have a post ready for next week, and I'll check in once I get back.  Have a great weekend you all!



7 comments:

  1. Family first! Have a safe trip.

    Hard to imagine that the contents of a 10 x 10 market space can trash a whole house. It's a miracle of physics, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you for knowing what really matters in life. wishing you safe travels and a nice visit... and wishing your cousin comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless your cousin. You will never regret this decision. And your furniture looks great. Wish I lived nearby for the market. Best wishes, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly are making the right choice... I'm glad you showed a picture of your living room, I showed my hubby so he could see that we were not alone! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels Deborah. Painting furniture can wait, and you are so productive, you'll catch up in no time once you're back home. And next time I see you, if there is paint in your hair, or on your elbow, I won't even mention it. :-}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you to everyone for your nice comments. It was a bittersweet trip, but I'm glad I made it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have an understanding husband. He knows you have more important things to do. I am so glad you are going now to see your cousin. My father was in home Hospice and was reinstated three times. It was unheard of. Hospice is AMAZING. I am so glad he is in good hands. You'll regret having gone. :) Hugs.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah