Friday, May 25, 2012

Lucketts Recap

Happy Friday!  I can't believe how this week has just flown by.  Hope it's been a good one for all of you.

Well, as I posted Monday, my first time as a vendor at Lucketts turned out to be a success.  This is what my booth looked like Saturday morning when the market started ...






And this is what it looked like Sunday morning ...




By Sunday evening almost all my furniture and a lot of the smalls were gone.


My first sale!

Of course I didn't bring as much as I had hoped to, so selling out was much easier for me than the vendors who had their acts together with booths stuffed to the brim!   

But all in all I'm pretty happy with the results. Since I didn't get as many pieces done to sell as I had originally planned, my goal was to just break even after expenses (renting a u-haul truck, etc.), but I actually made money.

The only bad thing about being a vendor is I was dying to go shopping!  The place was just filled with amazing things. I didn't get much time out of the booth, but I did manage to take some photos of some of the other vendors down my aisle.

So here's just a taste of the market for you:






Love that pink dresser in the back! And check out the Union Jack mirror!



I was coveting the chairs in this booth.



This booth had a great mix of primitive and French country pieces.



The blue/grey of the pieces in this booth made me want to paint everything I have that color! 



I wanted this desk too.  And the blue and white looks so summery.



I fell in love with this booth.  I'm a sucker for white and neutral colors together, and I thought it was beautiful.  








Everything was so well merchandised.






The vendor was even dressed to coordinate with her booth! 





I would love to tell you her name and the name of her booth, but I can't remember it! I do know her store is located in Richmond, VA at an antique mall called "Through the Garden Gate." If this is you, leave me a comment!


I wish I had been able to take more photos, but if you want more eye candy check out the Lucketts Blog.

The talent and creativity at Lucketts just blew me away.  I was inspired--and in some cases--in awe.  So I'll be back next year, hopefully bigger and better!

Have a great Memorial Day holiday weekend!

 






3 comments:

  1. So glad you had such great success on your first venture! Your items you share with us are beautiful, so, I'm not surprised you did so well and you shouldn't either. You are great at what you do!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous, wish i could go to lucketts and shop! your booth looked great, love the oil picture of the woman. do you still have it? lol thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deborah - glad you had fun (and selling success!) at Lucketts. I think I told you that I did that show for 5 years. It just keeps getting bigger and better. I missed it this year (I was biking in Belgium), so it's great to see your photos. Thanks for sharing! Helen

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah