My first project was the garage. I've eliminated about half of the stuff I was storing in there by donating it to ReStore, and kept the good pieces. Next on the list is the basement, which is overwhelming to me. My first step is to get the furniture that is stashed down there painted and out of there. Which brings me to today's makeover.
I was with my friend when she bought this piece at a flea market. It's an old, heavy server that she decided to paint. However, she never finished the project and decided it just didn't work for her. She asked if I wanted it. Umm ... yes! So I took it off her hands, added it to my project pile, and finally got to it last week.
I forgot to get a real "before" photo, but here it is without the drawer, which I had out to play with paint colors. As you can see, it was painted black, but it wasn't finished. The primer showed through around the hinges, and the inside of the cabinet and underside of the wings wasn't painted.
I thought about just repainting it in black, but I decided I wanted to try something a little different for me. First I painted over the black paint on the base with Annie Sloan Country Grey.
I was going to leave the top black, but it had a lot of imperfections. So I used my orbital sander to sand off the original paint.
I repainted the top in General Finishes Lamp Black Milk Paint. I painted the inside of the cabinet and drawer in the black as well.
Then I heavily wet distressed the base to bring out the black underneath.
I added some rustic black knobs from Hobby Lobby, and finished it with ASCP clear wax.
So here it is. Not my usual style, but I think I'm liking it!
Miss Mustard Seed: Furniture Feature Friday
Redoux Interiors: Link Party
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Elizabeth & Co: Be Inspired