Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentine's Mantel

What are you doing for Valentine's Day this year?  Anything romantic?
 
We're supposed to get 5"-10" of snow tonight and tomorrow, so shoveling the driveway a deux will probably be about as romantic as it gets around here! (Can I just say I'm sick of this weather?) 

 
 
Oh well, at least I got my Valentine's mantel done!

 
 
I'm happy with the way it turned out.

 
 
Some pink carnations in tarnished silver pitchers.

 
 
Vintage-inspired Valentines I made last year.

 
 
 The heart wreath I bought at Home Goods a couple of years ago and some rosy votives.
 


 
This year's rendition looks soooo much better against the white brick.  Here's last year before I painted the fireplace and mantel.



 
 
It just looks so much crisper now.

 
 
So even if we're snowed in, we have a bit of Valentine's cheer in the house.

 
 
And whatever you end up doing --
 
Have a Happy Valentine's Day! 


2 comments:

  1. love the swan card! very cute! i did nothing for vday- the snow has me not thinking about it. we are getting 16-20". yep. wow. over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deborah! I know it's Valentine's Day, but there's something so fresh and springy about your mantel, it's just perfect and I love what you did!

    I hope you've fared okay with all the snow--It was a doozy of a storm for us, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah