Monday, September 2, 2013

Painting, Potting & Putzing

How was your weekend?  I spent mine painting, potting and putzing around. 

I'm finishing up a bookcase to display "smalls" at Mr. P's, and potted some mums and fall annuals to start getting ready for the season. Labor Day is over, so it's time to start thinking about fall décor--at least it is for me!



BHG


It was like 96 degrees and humid over the weekend, so it definitely didn't feel like fall, but I can't wait for it to get here!  Other than the leaf clean-up that has to happen at our house with all the trees, it's my favorite season.  So I started prepping for it with the pots and some easy crafts.

I found this cute little wagon at Goodwill for $5. 




Plopped some mums in it and it's a great container on the front porch.  Later in the month I'll put out my pumpkins and add to the display. 





I got these two small mirrors at the auction for $4. I just added some burlap ribbon and they're good to go with an autumnal feel.  For the holidays I'll change it out with some festive ribbon.



 



And I did this quick fall wreath with burlap ribbon and a wire wreath form.  Super easy and pretty. 










You can add some embellishment, or leave it unadorned.  Tutorial at Top This Top That.







Have a great week you all!

2 comments:

  1. It feels like fall outside today, Deborah! My favorite season, too, though there will be no seasonal decorating around here. I'll just enjoy yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too, Deborah. It's still summer here in Alabama, but I did ask the big box of Autumn decorations be brought down from the loft in the shop. It's a start . . .

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank-you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write a note. Please make sure your email is on your profile if you would like a reply.

-Deborah